Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Alarm Clock Strikes Again

Some of you may or may not remember on my first morning in the convent, I had a bit of a struggle with the alarm clock and slept right through Mass, this morning the alarm clock struggle reappeared. Part of the problem I think may have stemmed from falling asleep while reading last night and walking up a half hour/45 minutes later to shut off the lights and actually go to bed.  This morning I rolled over to look at the clock thinking it was the middle of the night and I could sleep longer, only to realize it was 5:41 and I was officially a minute late to meditation.  Whoops.  As I scurried about my room getting ready I awaited the inevitable knock on the door.  5:46 Sr. TK was knocking on my door to make sure I was awake.  She was concerned I was ill.  I reassured her I'd be in chapel in a moment and she departed.  As Guardian Angel Grandma would say, I must have needed the extra sleep which I think was absolutely true because when I got in chapel I actually stayed awake for meditation.

#1 on to do list before bedtime tonight: Check the alarm clock.

3 comments:

Julie said...

How many alarm clocks can you have? Maybe I should send you one.

you can call me Al said...

Yes, that's what she would have said.

The Mrs. said...

Dave says that about himself all the time. I would have played it off as doing some serious "pre-meditation" and just got carried away.