Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Happy Moment of the Day

One of the younger boys came up to me today during the dismissal time and was having a conversation with me. I was doing my best to give him as much of my attention as I could while listening to the walkie talkie so I could call kids whose parents had arrived to pick them up.

Boy: "Do you know what the best part of this camp is?"

Thinking he was going to tell me the pool or one of the games or other activities I said "No, what's the best part?"

His reply: "It's not the fun.  It's how everybody talks about God so much here."

His answer made me pause for a moment and it really touched my heart.  There are many moments throughout my day of herding teenage boys that I question whether or not they are getting the message about God's love we are trying to impart on them, but this young boy reassured me we are making an impact on their faith lives amidst all the games and activities.

No comments: