Thursday, August 11, 2016

What I Learned Today

Apparently getting ready to move across the country turns my life into a movie and a sitcom. This morning I went to finish up some packing and turned on the radio in my room, California Gurls by Katy Perry was playing and it was immediately followed up by a Billy Joel song that started out talking about some guy who moved to the west coast south of LA.  I felt like the character in the movies who turns on the radio and every song is something about what's happening in said character's life.  Later today, one of my companions and I were cleaning and she was like "Wow I'm impressed Relish." (I was questioning if she thought I don't normally do a thorough job." Then I realized that I was cleaning extra vigorously as a coping mechanism and 20 seconds later realized at one point I had been told that my mom does something similar. After declaring, "I'm turning into my mom. We clean to cope and like teaching junior high kids," My mind immediately jumped to the Reba episode where Van and Cheyenne decide eventually you turn into your parents.  Stay tuned to see if any more of this moving adventure turns my life into a TV production.

3 comments:

you can call me al said...

Good stuff, Relish, good stuff

The Mrs. said...

Cleaning really is a great coping mechanism. Healthy AND productive.

In terms of a daughter becoming like her mother, I can tell you from experience that the transformation really speeds up in your mid-20s and only accelerates from there. The General gives me a specific look every time I do something Marsha-like. I don't even need to see The Look to know when I've done it. There's no fighting it either. Might as well embrace it.

Safe travels (you're probably almost already there) and enjoy all the west coast has to offer!

Anonymous said...

Are you anywhere near the wild fires? See it on the news. Big Bad