Friday, August 11, 2017

They Call Me...

Sr. Relish.

Yep, as of last week I am officially called Sr.  It's taking some getting used to, but gradually it's becoming less weird to hear people put Sr. in front of my name.

August 2nd my companions and I entered deeper into our journey on the way to become Salesian Sisters.  We are now novices.  For the next two years we will be more completely living the life of a Sr. as we study the Constitutions of the Institute and the vows.  At the end of the two years, we will then make our first professions.


Oh and now we wear gray.  I've learned very quickly wearing an apron is critical.  Within 24 hours I managed to spill balsamic vinegar on it and then have to wipe it off immediately so it wouldn't stain.

Other fun things I've learned in my two weeks at the novitiate.

- Be careful when walking down hill. The rocks can move and you can almost sprain your ankle.
- I'm not allergic to poison ivy.  At least, I don't think so, but I don't want to test that theory.
- Double check your clock after setting your alarm to make sure it still has the correct time.

It's looking to be a very educational two years.

1 comment:

Munchkin said...

I'm sure Luke is jealous of your not be allergic to poison ivy.