Tuesday, November 17, 2015

On the Road Again

We're taking our show on the road again to help the vocations director at another event.  This time we're heading west to go to the National Catholic Youth Conference.  Three days surrounded by tens of thousands of teenagers hyped up by the Holy Spirit, it's going to be intense and totally awesome all at the same time.  Plus a true test of our relationships as aspirants since the trip begins and ends with driving 11 hours to get there.  

Before we head out though, I thought I'd answer the next couple of questions.  The next two come from the Mrs.

Question 1:  Is there a Sr. Mary Clarence in your convent?

Answer:  No, unfortunately there is not a Sr. Mary Clarence.  We do however have several Sr. Marys, Sr. Mary Ann, Sr. Maryann, Sr. Mary Louise, and Sr. Mary Bertha. (These are from all of our houses, not just the one I live in. I do live with one of the Sr. Marys and Sr. Mary Ann and down the hill are several more Sr. Marys and Sr. Mary Bertha.)

How often have you watched Sister Act (1 or 2) since being in NJ?

We haven't watched either of the Sister Acts at all since we've been here.  One night we watched a movie called Lillies of the Field which is movie about some Sisters who move to the U.S. from Germany.  It was pretty good.  Last weekend we watched The Sound of Music because one of my companions had never seen it.  Sad I know.  No worries she is now culturally in the loop. One of the Sisters found out I hadn't seen Troubles with Angels so that is on our to do list for Thanksgiving weekend.  Needless to say we do watch movies about nuns.  


4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I'm sorry, but I can NOT get over the fact that your companion had never seen The Sound of Music Was that not one of the questions on your application?! Because it should be. I'm so glad that you've brought her to the light and to the joy of Julie Andrews as Maria. Now I must go and force Elaina to stop watching cartoons and instead watch that musical masterpiece with me while she tries to beat down this fever that has plagued her this morning. Safe travels to you all!

Relish said...

It was very sad and it definitely should be. What's even sadder is I don't think she has full appreciation for it. After watching it she said it was "pretty good, but it was too long...." Poor Elaina. Hope she feels better soon! Thanks!

Munchkin said...

All I can picture is the Mrs. as Maria...

The Mrs. said...

I feel like I nailed it that night. Pretty sure I blacked out from nervousness though as soon as the spotlight hit so maybe not. One of the scariest things I have ever done in my entire life.