Monday, January 4, 2016

Convent Q & A

Hello?  Everybody still there?  I know it's been a while.  Like everywhere else, the convent becomes a very busy place during the Christmas season with parties, Christmas programs, and last minute things before going on a home visit.  Once I got back to 7th Heaven the busy pace kept up and I was too busy soaking up every second of it to take a moment and blog.  Now after an entirely too short, but much needed two weeks spent at home I'm back at the convent.   With the New Year, I'm hoping maybe I'll get a little bit more of a routine in the posting, but we'll see what happens.  One thing I've learned in the last 4 months of convent life is nothing is set in stone, ever.

Today's question comes from Page Turner: Do you watch TV? Do you go to bed super early?

Answers:  Yes we do watch TV.  Every night after recreation we congregate in our study and either watch or listen to the news while doing other work.   On weekends, periodically we'll watch a movie. If you consider 10 early, then yes I do go to bed early. Bed time sort of fluctuates depending on the person.  Personally I try to be in bed by 10, some of my companions on the other hand are usually cramming in last minute homework at that time.   Sr. TK leaves it up to us to a point because she told us we need to be able to handle that sort of thing for ourselves so that we are getting enough rest to be able to function during the day.


And with answering Page Turner's questions, I believe I have gotten to everybody's questions from the last Reader Poll.  Once again, I ask you what you would like to know about life here in the convent? (I know some people had some questions they asked while I was home, but I've managed to forget them so if you could post them in the comments that would be fantastic. :) )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really enjoy reading about your new life. Thanks for sharing.

The Mrs. said...

I know I've heard you explain the process a million times, but can you write about the timeline or progression of what you'll be doing and where you'll be over the next few years? It's probably the question people ask me the most (after "they still have those?" when I tell them you've entered a convent and are in formation to become a sister/nun).